Samantha Kowal
West House
Topic: Horror Film Make-up
EQ:What is most important in order to be an accomplished Horror Film Make-up Artist?


Friday, April 27, 2012

Helping 2013

1) For my senior project I want to  do something film related. More the side of directing/ producing than anything else. Since I don't have the resource to make a short film or any equipment for special effects I was planning on using what I have and making a documentary on an aspiring singer/ songwriter as she makes her first EP.


- Taking the ROP class would be the easiest to get all your hrs and independent component out of the way or even getting mentored by private director would be really great and you should keep them around for future interviews.


2) I recently go tin touch with someone in the film industry and he is currently working on TV shows today so he has agreed to help me with anything I need for the senior project. He has told me about workshops he works with on his spare time and I'm planning on using those for some service learning.


- It's really great that you have a head start. those are really great sources and they will defiantly come in handy with all your senior assignments. 


3) I am actually really excited to see this years senior presentations because I think I'll see a lot of cool ones. Everyone does something different and usually they pick something that they're really interested in and I like when people have a passion for what their project is. I want to get ideas of what I like when presenting and different ways to do things.


- You should go to mine my friend, I promise you won't be disappointed ;)


4) Do you think senior year is the hardest year? I heard the components have to be related to your project, how does that work? Do you think my project idea is ok so far? Is there anything else I should be thinking about to prepare?


- Honestly I think senior year is the easiest. It may seem hard at first but you push through it. If you have a senior project that your truly passionate about you have nothing to worry about as long as you have somewhere to get the hours. Worry about college and money is the biggest stress. My biggest challenge of senior year was trying to find a reason to get up and push myself to get to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment