Samantha Kowal
West House
Topic: Horror Film Make-up
EQ:What is most important in order to be an accomplished Horror Film Make-up Artist?


Thursday, May 31, 2012

Senior Project Reflection


(1) Positive Statement

I'm really proud that everyone had a really fun time. Everyone seemed genuinely interested and willing to participate in everything. My 2 hr outcome was amazing.


(2) Questions to Consider

AE. I think I worked pretty hard on my  hr and my entire senior year. I think I deserve it and I definitlety went above and beyond. I custom make metal plates at my dads shop so everyone had the proper material and so were the cosmeics. STayed really late setting up and cleaning for the room to be perfect.

b.     What assessment would you give yourself on your overall senior project (self-assessment)? Why?

AE. I gave it my all. My senior project went further than I expected it to go. I put in over 200 hours and understand my topic with great deatail. It has turned into a career for me that I'm extremely proud of.

(3) What worked for you in your senior project?

Service learning was amazing. Getting exposer in the make-up industry and getting the skills to make it in the industry.

(4) What didn’t work for you in your senior project?

I had to go to high school so sometimes I'd miss out on really good make-up opportunities; but I wouldn't be where i am without IPOLY.

(5) Finding Value

This is now my career. I will possibly be signing a contract with Ruby make-up academy this summer along with the unbelievable opportunity of working on the TV show Faceoff. I've gotten a lot of experience and I'm extremely grateful for senior project.

No comments:

Post a Comment